Wednesday 17 December 2014

Bobbin hooks

While thinking of ways to make the most of our space for our hallway transformation, I came across a selection of old wooden bobbins - some of my Mum's and some of Jim's Granny's - that I had put on top of the front door frame. As they weren't serving any specific purpose, and I needed to clear them out the way of any potential painting to be done, I took them down and put them on top of a tallboy in our living room, where they happened to sit right next to a long length of wood (that also had no current purpose) and suddenly I had a light-bulb moment...


I lightly sanded then painted the wood with some white primer, and followed with two coats of the same mocha paint that I had chosen for the stripes in the hallway.

Then I spaced the bobbins evenly apart along the wood and drilled long enough screws into the bobbin holes so that they reached the wood on the other side (but didn't poke out of the back of the plank).


Again using the trusty drill and rawl plugs I attached the hooks horizontally to the wall:


See Hallway transformation Part II to see the hooks in action!

No comments:

Post a Comment